Monday, October 3, 2011

My Corner of the Sky: Finding Myself in the Leading Player

This has always been my dream role, not just because of how it showcases the performer playing the role, but the work he gets to do, the journey he gets to take to get to "Leading Player".  It's been amazing.  Leading Player, is the alter ego I always wish I was brave enough to let come to light.  How he moves, how he speaks, the ease with which he exists in time. It's so not me.  

I thank Peter Marston Sullivan for introducing me to what "control" means in the context of this show and to the spirit of Leading Player.  This journey to finding moments of control is very exciting for me because I've found I'm applying what I learn in rehearsal into my everyday life.  We are all are trying to find what and how we control the events in our lives.  Physical control is very powerful; moving in space on purpose, with purpose is a tactic you will see with Leading Player and I am interested to see each night how he wins or looses control.  

Everybody in this cast is so talented, and so much fun to be around.  It's a sexy cast.  It's a sexy show.  Thinking about them makes me want to put down this slice of pie and go run on the treadmill for an hour.  Enough said.  

I can't say enough about how humbled I am by this experience. It's athletic, it's sensual, sexy, scary, thought provoking and most of all - FUN! 
Come see it. 
Trust me, you want to!
Travis Michael Porchia is a native of Detroit, active list maker, current cat owner, and lover of Marvel Comics. He currently lives in Hyde Park.

No comments :

Post a Comment